- 4 lbs. fresh tuna steak (the fresher the better)
- 1 ½ cups olive oil
- 5 limes, zested
- 1 ¼ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 tsp wasabi powder
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp hot red pepper sauce
- 3 tbsp kosher salt
- 3 tbsp black pepper
- 1 ½ cup minced scallions (roughly 12 scallions)
- 3 ½ tbsp minced jalapeno, seeds removed
- 5 Hass avocados
- 1 ½ tbsp toasted sesame seeds, optional
- 1 lemon, optional
Step 1: Cut your tuna into ¼ inch cubes and place in a large bowl
Step 2: In a separate bowl, combine olive oil, lime zest, lime juice, wasabi, soy sauce, pepper sauce, salt, and pepper. Pour this mixture over your tuna.
Step 3: Add in the scallions and jalapeno, mix well. Dice avocados into ¼ inch cubes and mix in with tuna. Be careful to not mash the avocado cubes too much.
Step 4: Add sesame seeds if using and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Step 5: Refrigerate for at least an hour and serve with crackers and lemon slices.
Tight Lines, Eat My Tackle