Giant Pink Bird Fishing Teaser Lure 13"
Birds can be rigged in three different ways:
- As an integral part of your trolling line, fixed about 10 feet (3m) ahead of your trolling lure.
- Towed on its own separate line, with your trolling line attached to it by a release clip or a rubber band which will break when a fish hits.
- Rigged on its own line, but completely independently of your trolling line.
A few more things to think about when rigging a bird:
Operating as they do on the surface, birds can only be used with trolling lures that have no tendency to pull them under. Skirted lures such as straight runners and chuggers are popular choices. They won't work with plugs or spoons.
- For offshore a bird rigged in your trolling line about 10 feet (3m) ahead of your lure will make all the difference to your catch rate. There's simply no reason not to have one.
- If you're trolling with a rod, then having a bird rigged integrally will be inconvenient when it arrives at your rod tip leaving your catch cruising around astern, smug in the knowledge that it's safely out of reach of the gaff. To get around this, tow the bird on its own line and attach your trolling line to it with a release clip or a rubber band that will break when a fish hits.
- Alternatively, tow the bird on its own line, independent of your trolling line, but with the trolling line positioned such that the lure is working just astern of the bird, never ahead, as the fish will ignore your lure and have a crack at the bird.
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the 'Complete Orders' link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.